A chief information security officer (CISO) is the person responsible for a company’s information and data security related to the confidentiality and integrity of customers, employees, partners, and business data. As a part of this role, a CISO must be aware of data loss and fraud prevention techniques, to ensure that internal staff do not misuse or steal information. Working with executive management to determine acceptable levels of risk for the organisation is an important part of this role. This position oversees the development and implementation of a corporate-wide security management information agenda to ensure that data assets are effectively safeguarded.
The CISO is responsible for anticipating, assessing, and actively managing new and emerging threats internal and external, in addition to responding to data breaches and other security incidents. They must work with the board and senior management to facilitate a risk management assessment and process and raise awareness with business stakeholders of any risk management concerns.
When looking for a CISO for your next project, you should be looking for someone who showcases pragmatism, ability to lead change and compliant tendencies.
We have listed below some of the skills and qualifications that you should be looking out for when hiring for your next project:
• Degree in business, computer science or engineering, or a relevant field
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in risk management, information security, and IT jobs is required for this position
• Professional security management certification such as CISM, CISSP, CISA, or other
• An exceptional understanding of best practice within Information Security and risk management including standards such as ISO/IEC 27001 and Cyber Essentials
• Understanding of current government legislation which impacts information security
• Experience with risk management and auditing
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strategic and analytical thinking
We understand that finding a chief information security officer for your next big project is not an easy task, but with Gigged.AI, our unique skills matching algorithm matches your specific needs with the best freelancers which will help you save money and time.
Once you’ve identified your favourite freelancers, you can get in contact with them by using our integrated technology. Sign up now to get started on your gig by creating a project and then reviewing our talent pool.
Then sign up to Gigged.AI and become part of our growing talent network of somethings. Cut out recruitment agencies and the stress of job seeking and let clients come to you. You’ll get the opportunity to work on multiple projects with a variety of clients throughout the UK. All you need is an internet connection!
Finding new contracts and freelance work is hard. So let our smart AI do the hard work for you.